Thursday June 12, 2014 – Thursday June 12, 2014
273 Bloor St West
This is a Contest to see how many languages you can speak, learn or teach in one sitting!
Note: You can pre-register online or get your scorecard at the event ($5)
Come practise the official languages of any 2014 World Cup team:
- Any Other language you want!
- Different points given for practising, learning or teaching any language. Teachers get more points than learners, and new language learners get more points than people who just want to practise.
- Languages that are more difficult/’rare’ get MORE points (so come practise Russian or Korean or Bosnian – even better, come to teach it). This will be explained more at the event.
- Bonus ‘polyglot’ points for engaging in multiple languages in a night!
- Even more bonus points for languages relevant to one of that day’s World Cup matches (e.g Brazil is playing Croatia on June 12; therefore you get extra points if you engage in Portuguese or Croatian on the night of the kickoff)
- Add up your points, winner gets a prize for top Diskuto World Cup score!
- Fee of $5 gets you the official scorecard and chance to win the prize at each event. You can pay at event
We want to continue this for the entire month of World Cup, several times per week and keep track of overall standings. So your participation is important at this inaugural event! See schedule of matches